Friday 1 May 2015

April | Monthly Top 5


Hola!

Where on earth did April go? Yet it feels like an absolute age since my last top 5, so I'm just going to get on with it!



5. Revlon Colourstay Shadowlinks in Sand and Plum
I bought these because I really like the idea of being able to create your own palette of eyeshadows, like MAC or KIKO, but without paying for the palette, especially as these are a steal at £2.99. They are really good quality, pigmented and blendable shadows. I love the colours I have and they go really well together: I use Sand as a base all over the lid as it adds a nice shimmer without being at all in-your-face, then I use plum smoked around the edges and through the crease. Plum is a really lovely purple as it's subtle, not too intense and is a really autumnal shade. I love them both and would like to try some more shades.



4. KIKO Smart Lip pencil in 702 Coral
I only bought this recently (as you might have seen in my Spain haul, feel free to check that out here) and I've only worn it a couple of times, but I really like it. Its the perfect spring/summer shade and  the formula is lovely, matte and long-lasting without being too drying (although I wouldn't recommend it for really dry lips). I use it one of two ways: to line the lips before lipstick or all over the lips with lipgloss on top. Both of which look really pretty and I can't wait to wear it more in the summer.


3. Vaseline Spray and Go body moisturiser
I took this on holiday as that's the only time my legs and arms have actually been on show so far this year (damn English weather!) and I really like it. At first I wasn't sure as, although its claims on the bottle not to be greasy, it goes on quite greasy, but when you rib it in it sinks into the skin so quickly and leaves no trace! You really can use it and get dressed almost immediately, which will be great in the summer when I'm in a rush to get out the door. Plus, it smells great and was pretty cheap too., would definitely recommend.


2. Topshop Matte Metallic nail polish in Heathers
I bought this purely out of curiosity (and an unhealthy obsession with nail polish) as I wanted to see how matte and metallic worked. I'd wanted to try a matte nail polish for a while and this was the perfect opportunity. It was around the £5 mark and I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I love it! Firstly, this pale, baby blue shade is beautiful, and I can confirm that matte metallic works super well, it looks gorgeous! Shimmery yet matte at the same time! I don't understand hoe it works but I'm obsessed, I wish I could wear it permanently. It did chip a little more easily than I would have liked as a top coat would have ruined the whole matte thing, so I'm now determined to find a good matte top coat. Until then, I will definitely still wear it as it is just the most beautiful nail polish.



1. Topshop eyeshadow in Interstellar 
As soon as I saw this I had to get it, no questions, no hesitation. It's just gorgeous. I'm definitely a neutrals girl when it comes to eyeshadow and who can resist glitter? It's not excessive fall-down-your-face sort of glitter either. The colour is perfect however you wear it and it catches the the light really nicely and I can't express how in love with it I am. I've only recently discovered Topshop makeup and so far I'm really impressed, I would definitely recommend you check it out!

So that was April in 5 beauty products for me. Let me know down in the comments what you've been loving in April, beauty or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment